Have you booked an eye test but are not quite sure what to expect from The Eye Scene team? The role of an Optometrist and what happens during an eye test has evolved over the years. Eye examinations involve not only the prescription of glasses, contact lenses and visual aids, but also the detection of eye diseases, eye training and the maintenance of overall eye health.
Quite often, eye conditions are symptom-free, especially in the early stages (e.g. glaucoma, macular degeneration, hypertension, etc.) and the only way to detect them are through a proper eye test. This is why we recommend that you and your family come in for an eye examination routinely every 2 years. Of course, if you have pre-existing conditions or a family history of eye disease, we will tailor the eye test to your individual needs and may request that you check your eyes more frequently.
Children should be assessed around the age of 3 years, or earlier if problems are noticed. Vision plays an integral part in the physical, intellectual and emotional development of a child, so it is essential to check your child’s eyesight regularly.
What to expect when you come in for an eye test at The Eye Scene:
- To be greeted by our warm and efficient team.
- To be seen at your appointed time and spend up to an hour in consultation with your skilled and experienced Optometrist who will conduct the entire examination.
- To have a relaxed, comprehensive, pain-free examination with the outcome available and explained to you at the end of the visit and the opportunity to ask questions.
- To have access to state-of-the-art testing equipment and technology, resulting in greater accuracy and early detection of eye disease.
- To be provided with totally independent referrals, products and services because we are not a chain and therefore have no restrictions in providing the best possible outcomes for you in an independent setting.
- To enjoy the benefits of our team meeting your dispensing needs with expertise, qualified skills, product knowledge and in a personalised fashion.
- To have your Medicare and private health fund rebates claimed for you directly.
- And, finally, to become part of a practice that care about how you see and how you look.
See you soon!
Call us now on 9362 9944 to book an eye test.